Your engagement is an important time in your relationship. It's the transitional period in your life as you begin to take on a new role for one another. Partners, teammates, life partners. When you've made the ultimate commitment to start doing this thing called life with one another for the remainder of this time on earth. Sometimes the weight of the wedding planning and what lies ahead and be overwhelming. As light-hearted as you may feel, sometimes it can feel pretty heavy too. And I don't mean that in a negative way at all. I just mean that marriage is serious business, and if you don't take precious time to just ENJOY this period in your life, you might stress yourself out. Which is exactly why soaking in every single second is so important. And for me, that begins with engagement session!
The engagement session accomplishes several things. First, It helps you get comfortable in front of the camera, as well as helps me get to know YOU as a couple. It's so important to me that you feel good about your session experience, and this really gives us time to get familiar with one another. Friendships really blossom during this hour or two! Plus, it's a great excuse to canoodle with your love. PDA is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged!).
Engagement session photos are great for save the dates and announcements, as well as your wedding website, reception guest sign-in book and family gifts.
These photos capture the beginning stages of your everlasting love story- it doesn't matter if you've been together 3 months or 3 years, these moments are so very special in your relationship and should be captured!
Here are a couple tips to prep you for your session:
- Pick a location that has significance to your relationship. Be it the place the question was popped or your favorite date night spot. Choose somewhere that you're comfortable and gives off the vibe that you've envisioned.
- Keep weather and atmosphere in mind. If you want photos among the sweeping oak trees that Florida is famous for, the time of day and weather forecast will make a difference in the final result. When we're working on the details, I'll help guide you on what works best!
- Bring outfit changes! Ideally, they'll coordinate in color or pattern. Send me your selections- I'm happy to provide you pointers!
- Although your engagement ring is the ultimate accessory, consider incorporating a few others. Statement earrings, layered necklaces, bracelets with a pop of color or added bling, etc.
- Don't go crazy on Pinterest with must have shots. Of course, I want to see poses that you love, but remember that just because it's online, doesn't mean that it's meant for YOU. We want your photos to be authentic to your relationship. So if you would never splash around in the rain or kiss under an umbrella during a downpour, skip those requests ;)
- Have your hair and make-up professionally done. Your engagement session is a great opportunity for you to get a trial run on your wedding day look, and helps you get to know your hair + make-up artist too! Plus, who doesn't deserve the pampering of a professional every now and then?! It's your time to shine, take it!
- And probably the most important tip of all? Don't skip this session. Make it a priority. You won't regret it!
Let's have some fun, get loose, and go take some pictures of that smile that is plastered on your face!